You may return most new, unopened items for a full refund within 30 days of delivery. These items should be in their original packaging and have their serial number or UPC. Special order returns are at our discretion on a case by case basis. If you would like to make a return or exchange, you must contact us by phone or email and submit an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number before returning your items.
Return Items must meet the following conditions:
- Product must be in new condition. For example, there shouldn’t be any cracks, scratches, dirty or marked tires, or any indications of usage.
- Product must be returned in its original packaging. You can purchase new packaging for lift chairs and scooters by calling customer service.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from Towson Medical within 30 days of delivery of the product. Once RMA is received, product must be returned within 14 days.
All returns will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Remember, if you would like to return or exchange your item, you must contact us before sending it back. Items returned to us without notification will not be eligible for a refund or exchange.
Returns will not be accepted on items that are:
- Opened or Used
- Missing their serial number or UPC
- Special orders (returned at our discretion)
- Returned more than 30 days after delivery
- Returned without notification
There are certain products that are custom made by the manufacturer and are non-returnable. These include:
- Ultralightweight wheelchairs
- Sport wheelchairs
- Lift Chairs with custom fabrics and/or heat and massage
- Golden Technologies PR-502 lift chairs
- Tracer IV Custom heavy-duty and Tracer SX5RC wheelchairs
- Open Box Items
For hygienic reasons, the following medical products may not be returned:
- Bath safety equipment (Excluding select Rehab Shower Commode Chairs)
You may also call us at 410-882-4005 to request an RA number. Please include your order number, name and the item number you are returning.
Unless Towson Medical Equipment made an error, return freight is the customer’s responsibility. We will be happy to help you determine which shipping method to use once you have requested your RA authorization. We highly recommend insuring larger items for their retail value to protect against shipping damage.
Please be sure to follow all return shipping instructions that are included with your Return Authorization. If an item is returned to the wrong address, Towson Medical reserves the right to charge for any additional shipping fees associated with shipping the item to the correct location.
Orders cancelled after the item has shipped are subject to all standard return policies. You must accept delivery, contact us for a return authorization and ship the item back to the correct address. If delivery of an item is refused, return shipping costs are deducted from the issued credit and a 25% restocking fee (minimum $25) will apply. Second-Day and Next-Day shipping costs will not be credited if delivery is refused.
Once your return is received, Towson Medical Equipment will issue a credit to the credit card used for the purchase. Please allow up to 4 weeks for your credit to be issued. If you paid by check or money order, we will issue a check within 30 days.
If your item is defective or was damaged in shipping, please call us at 1-410-882-4005. We will arrange for the item to be repaired or replaced promptly.