Thermal compression therapy is a simple yet effective method used to treat a myriad of medical conditions. It has also been known to work well with patients who have undergone surgery and other procedures. A person places a machine on the affected area compressing it in a bid to deliver heat to the injured area in a way that it will permit faster blood flow, regulation of temperature and more rapid healing. Machines used for therapy are relatively compact; thus, users can transport them anywhere they like to continue getting healing. They also help to get rid of the need for ice packs or ice. There are numerous benefits of thermal compression therapy that a person can gain such as:
• It promotes an enhanced range of motion on a patient’s injured body segments and joints. This allows a person to participate fully and sooner in rehabilitative activities after an injury. Physical therapists, chiropractors and other medical practitioners use this thermal compression therapy after the injury has started healing a bit.
• Increased circulation of blood- using this type of treatment increases blood flow or circulation, which makes the connective tissues to become more flexible.
• Reduces pain- the therapy is highly beneficial when it comes to the reduction of joint stiffness, muscle spasms, and pain. The therapy can also help to reduce congestion in tissues and inflammation. It is one of the reasons it is used to treat numerous health complaints such as muscle strains, arthritis, and even cancer to some extent.
• Heat therapy also increases the capacity of your body to eliminate toxins naturally. Because there is an increase in the flow of blood in the capillaries, toxins are effectively pulled out of the injured tissues.
• Increases oxygen delivery to tissues- taking advantage of thermal compression on an injured area means that you will be increasing supply of oxygen to the tissues. When there is a rise in oxygen supply, it means that there will be better tissue repair. It also helps to get rid of carbon dioxide, which lowers acid levels in the tissues.
The benefits of thermal compression therapy far outweigh the negatives of using this machine. Note that thermal compression therapy is an ideal option for anyone who wants to promote the natural healing process of their bodies. With better healing comes fewer toxins which cause swelling and pain.
Contact our representatives to obtain thermal compression therapy thru your insurance. All that is needed is a prescription from your doctor and we will take care of the rest! Or call us at 410-882-4005.